Pinchbeck Utd



First Team

Wed 30 Sep 2020 | United Counties League Premier Division | Away


Sir Halley Stewart Playing Fields



After a 2-0 defeat away at Quorn on Saturday, the Poachers were looking to get back to winning ways, perhaps something like the 6-0 win vs Sleaford in the FA Vase a couple of weeks ago. They certainly didn’t disappoint.

It was a wet night at Spalding United’s Sir Halley Stewart’s Field ground but that didn’t stop the game from getting off to a fast pasted start with both teams having chances. Boston’s best chance so far in the game came in the 17th minute when Luke White’s shot was saved by the Pinchbeck keeper Ben Martin. A minute later, Boston Town Captain Lee Beeson delivered a ball into the box which was then punched away by glove of the Pinchbeck Keeper but Harry Grigas was there for the follow up and slotted the Poachers into the lead. From that point on Boston Town controlled the game well, chances came from Tom Garrick and Jordan Tate plus Travis Portas, keeper for Boston Town, didn’t have much to do at all. On the stroke of half time though, Tom Garrick doubled the Poacher’s lead after a defensive mistake at the back, which included Pinchbeck keeper Martin, gave him an open goal to shoot at. 2-0 was the half time score.

The second half began with Town getting a 3rd goal, 5 minutes in. Beeson’s free kick found Fraser Bayliss who controlled the ball well, turned and scored. From that point on Boston Town dominated and made it look very easy, each time they got past Pinchbeck’s defence. Goal number 4 came from Luke White who smashed the ball into the top right hand corner, scoring the best goal of the game. It was another defensive at the back for Pinchbeck which gifted the Poacher’s there 5th goal. The ball controlled poorly by Martin and Bayliss won the ball off him and simply tapped the ball home into an open net.

The best chance of the second half for Pinchbeck was saved by Portas in goal but Boston Town soon got a 6th after some more poor defending. This time it was Tom Garrick who scored, also getting his second of the match. In the 84th minute, Town got a penalty when a player taken down in the box. Fraser Bayliss scored the penalty completing his hat-trick. It was also the club’s second hat-trick in 3 games. Full Time was Pinchbeck United 0-7 Boston Town (Bayliss 3, Garrick 2, Grigas, White).

Boston Town have now moved up into 11th place with that hammering of Pinchbeck. They now face Wellingborough Town on Saturday at home. With Boston United playing behind closed doors, please come down and support the Poachers.

Town: Portas, Mutasa (R Muirhead), Thompson, Cunliffe, Cartwright (Hobbins), J Tate, Beeson (Holland), Bayliss, Garrick, White, Grigas; subs: Borbely





Back to Fixtures